Style News Roundup: Amar’e Stoudemire, Burberry, J CrewBy Jeffrey Hyatt
Amar’e Stoudemire and his New York Knicks teammates are assuredly in playoff mode, but the NBA star also has fashion on his mind. Stoudemire recently did a photo shoot for Vogue’s April issue and was seen front row at many of last season’s fashion week shows, one of which he sat next to Anna Wintour, so you know he means business – on the court and off.
Then we have word that J. Crew will – finally – be available in the UK. It’s online only, but still, any opportunity to get a look at those tailored jackets and slim-cut chinos is all good. What else is all good is the news action we have collected below!
- Becasue that’s how we like it, baby!: Men’s style gets bold and sexy for spring [via globe and mail]
- Online clothing sales double: The online clothing market has doubled over the last five years as an increasing number of shoppers have had access to broadband and abandoned the high street. [via telegraph]
- Great article from the Wall Street Journal about seeing more suits these days priced between $500 and $700 that include features once found typically on more expensive suits. “The New Sweet Spot Is $500 to $700; They Don’t Look Cheap, or Like Dad’s”
- If you’re into it: How to Dress Like Richard Gere [via details]
- New York Knicks’ Amar’e Stoudemire is taking his talents to fashion. To complement his thriving basketball career, he will be collaborating on a new fashion line for fall 2011 with Rachel Roy. [via dr. jays]
- In other sports/fashion news, Oakland A’s outfielder Coco Crisp brings back the Afro in Oakland. [via big league stew]
- British fashion house Burberry unveiled its flagship store in Beijing, China this week. The fashion-meets-technology event was streamed live and featured British band Keane’s first performance in the country. [via telegraph]
- J Crew comes to the UK! J Crew is finally going to be available in the UK – online. [via british gq]
- Are you ready for pink trousers? Well? [via esquire]
- Yowza! Jennifer Massaux [via fashion gone rogue]
- This Is Not A Polo Shirt