You have to think John Galliano was ecstatic that Charlie Sheen decided to spin madly out of control this week, gobbling up all the media spotlight and pulling some – not all – of the attention away from Galliano’s mostly horrendous week. We also have news of a snazzy-looking new magazine for men, Lady Gaga in Paris and much more. Check below for all the latest and greatest style news!
- Dior had heard and seen enough and decided it was time to fire fashion designer John Galliano following racism complaints. Galliano will stand trial over accusations he issued racist insults in public which have already cost him his job at couture house Christian Dior and prompted him to apologies “unreservedly” on Wednesday, according to Reuters. French prosecutors said on Wednesday they had charged Galliano with making racist comments in public to three people, an offense that carries a sentence of up to six months in prison and a 22,500-euro ($31,240) fine.
- Lady Gaga tries her hand at fashion modeling. The AP reports on the pop star’s catwalk debut Wednesday at Mugler’s fall-winter 2011-12 ready-to-wear show. “She puffed on a cigarette, blowing clouds of smoke toward them and then was off: bumping, grinding and strutting her way backstage, only to emerge in an all white ensemble topped off by a lampshade hat.”
- Say hello to the Woolrich Woolen Mills Camp shirt. SwipeLife provides the details of this short sleeve, lightweight cotton shirt perfect for the summer months.
- Ne-Yo On Fashion: Video Interview by AskMen.com.
- Trendy guys now have a new trendy magazine: PORT magazine, the self-styled “intelligent magazine for men,” is now available.
- Esquire provides details on What Not to Wear with Your Nice New Suit. Hint: Apple just unveiled it a few days ago!
- The always stylish John Slattery (Mad Men) gets the interview treatment from new style portal Mr. Porter.
- The Guardian take a final look at Paris Fashion Week: “Who took the final bow at Dior in John Galliano’s absence, plus the latest highlights from the catwalks of Paris.”