Oscar Fashion Madness: The Men Wear It WellBy Jeffrey Hyatt
The classic look is back. Thank God. At Sunday’s Oscars, the men brought back the traditional tuxes, opting not to experiment in anything too wild or fashionably creative. Jesse Eisenberg, Colin Firth, Javier Bardem, Mark Ruffalo, Jake Gyllenhaal, Andrew Garfield and Justin Timberlake were just a few of the dashing fellas who looked winning in the classic tuxedo. Check below for a visual dose of the best dressed gentlemen from Oscar 2011.
A quick rundown of who wore what on dress-up night in Hollywood includes:
- Colin Firth wore a Tom Ford tuxedo.
- Christian Bale wore an all-black Gucci shawl-collar tuxedo, accessorized with cuff links and a watch from Harry Winston.
- Jake Gyllenhaal wore a made-to-measure Ferragamo tuxedo.
- Jeremy Renner went with YSL.
- Ryan Seacrest wore a tuxedo by Burberry designer Christopher Bailey.
- James Franco wore several made-to-measure Gucci tuxedos during the evening.
For more news about the actual awards, be sure to swing by ScreenCrave to see what our cinema-obsessed siblings have to say about the show.