WWDC is over and the iPhone 3G S has been announced, here is a comprehensive guide to the the new iPhone 3GS features.
June 19th 2009
- iPhone 3G S will cost $199 (16GB) and $299 (32GB) for new and qualifying customers.
- If you are not currently eligible for an upgrade but still want iPhone 3G S, early upgrade prices are $399 (16GB) and $499 (32GB)
- No-commitment pricing: $599 (16GB) and $699 (32GB)
Techcrunch have an interesting article about the pricing here:
- A new processor leads to Apple claiming a 100% speed increase over the current generation. Hence the whole “S” thing.
- 7.2Mbps 3G
- 3D graphics hardware graphics accelerator
- Video recording, editing and sharing
- 30 fps, VGA resolution
- 3 Megapixels sensor
- Photo and video geotagging
- Auto Focus, auto Exposure, auto white balance, low light mode, macro mode
Other New Features
- Voice Control: dialing, contacts, ipod playback, you name it (literally), and it can probably be done by voice command.
- Turn by Turn navigation, partnering with Tom Tom
- “Find my iPhone” – using a web browser or mobileme to pinpoint the location of your handset
- MMS support
- Nike + support
- Magnetometer, basically a compass that is also integrated into google maps to show your direction more accurately
- HTTP video/audio streaming
Improved Battery life
- WiFi - 3G 6hrs | 3G S 9hrs
- Video - 3G 7hrs | 3G S 10hrs
- Audio - 3G 24hrs | 3G S 30hrs
- 2G talk - 3G 10hrs | 3G S 12hrs
- 3G talk - 3G 5hrs | 3G S 5hrs